One of my weird experiences from primary schooling - Part 2



So now, the students from the entire building were gathered on the ground, and I noticed that the whole school was evacuating. It seemed like an emergency alert. All the teachers were grouped together, and one of them came forward to explain the reason for the current situation and what needed to be done next. She mentioned that they had received an earthquake alert from the government and needed to safely send the children back to their respective homes and close the school. Additionally, she informed us that our school had experienced very mild earthquake symptoms.

We were shocked to hear the news and inquired about the exams that were scheduled for that day, which had been interrupted. I realize it may seem childish, as we were kids at the time, but we were eager to know about our exams, especially the Maths exam. The teacher reassured us that the exams had been postponed to another day and instructed us to leave for home immediately. Students who took the school bus were directed to their buses, while others were sent home after contacting their parents. 

I was a school bus student and lived close to a good friend of mine. We usually traveled together to and from school. Both of us boarded the bus and were excited about the rescheduled Maths exam. We were also instructed to take the question papers and answer sheets with us, as there was no time to collect them later. We were delighted at the chance to review the questions and prepare our answers thoroughly.

By the way, we thought about our school bags because that is where we keep our books. In case of preparation for our exams, we definitely need them. So, we immediately got off the school bus and ran towards our building to grab our bags. It was an adventure for us in those days. We ran into the building holding hands, grabbed our bags, and on the way back, we noticed a big crack in the corner of the building. It was a terrifying experience and we ran while shouting. My friend fell down, but she didn't let go of my hand. I lifted her up safely, and we continued running towards the school bus, tightly holding hands. 

We reached the bus and laughed uncontrollably. It was an adventure and a memorable day for both of us. The bus started and dropped us near our houses. We ran home, laughing all the way. We said goodbye to each other and went inside our houses. As soon as I entered, I excitedly told my mom and dad about what had happened at school that day. The funny thing is, they didn't pay much attention to me because they were busy preparing chicken 65. I interrupted their cooking to share my school day with them. I asked if our house had any cracks or if they felt any mild shaking from an earthquake. They reassured me that it was not a big earthquake and that the government was warning everyone to stay in the safest place possible. They mentioned that emergency numbers were being displayed in case anyone needed help.


Reflecting on the experience of that entire day while eating chicken 65 was pure bliss. Afterward, I began preparing for my postponed Maths exam as I had my question paper with me. It was an adventurous and peculiar experience from my primary schooling.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog