My first ever dish



If I were to ask someone about the first dish they ever cooked, most likely they would say Maggi, Dosa, Omelette, etc. Some may even joke and say hot water was their first dish. However, I would like to share my first cooking experience and the lessons I learned from it. While dishes like Maggi, Dosa, Omelette, etc. are simple, I do not consider them to be proper or complete dishes. I have cooked many simple dishes, but the one I consider my first ever dish is paneer butter masala.


Paneer butter masala is a dish that everyone loves, especially when paired with butter naan. Many people prefer to have this dish in restaurants rather than attempting to make it at home. However, I was inspired to try making it at home after tasting my mom's friend's delicious version of the dish.

Cooking this dish posed many challenges for me as a beginner, such as chopping onions, peeling ginger, and the grinding process. Initially, I struggled with these tasks, but with time, I mastered them. Despite the difficulties, it was a rewarding experience and the dish turned out well.


I would like to share a tip for the dish paneer butter masala. Many of us make the mistake of grinding onion, tomatoes, garlic, and ginger, and then adding them to a pan with some oil and spices. I personally suggest sauteing chopped onion, tomato, garlic, and ginger before grinding them into a paste in a pan with some oil, to avoid raw flavour. You can also add cashew nuts during this process. Another tip is that if you don't have or don't like fresh cream, you can use milk instead. Just try these tips when cooking paneer butter masala. Additionally, you can follow a recipe video on YouTube for further guidance.

Finally, I would like to share that the time I spent cooking taught me that with passion, love, hard work, and a little assistance, everything can be achieved in life. May this be motivation for beginners in cooking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog