Bombay Chutney


Usually, my mom and dad used to cook together and make many dishes. They would also create different dishes on their own. Similarly, I like many of their dishes, but one, "Bombay Chutney," is close to my heart. My dad used to cook well because when he was a bachelor, he used to cook on his own. He mostly avoided eating in hotels or restaurants. My mom doesn't know how to cook. My dad taught cooking to my mom after marriage.

However, I don't like one of the dishes which my dad used to cook, which is nothing but Arisi upma. You may think this dish is made out of rava, but absolutely not. This is made out of rice. So coming to this Bombay Chutney, this is my dad's recipe and my mom's dish. Several years before, my dad got transferred to Cuddalore from his office. We had our own house there, so my dad used to be there and go to the office regularly. He had an induction stove and some necessary utensils. So he used to cook on his own and visit us every 3 months. He tried this dish when he was in Cuddalore, and when he came back, he suggested this recipe to my mom and asked her to prepare it for breakfast one morning.

My mom prepared the dish with the help of my dad's instructions, and the dish really came out well. At first, my brother and I hesitated to taste it, but when we tried it with a mouthful of dosa, it was an ultimate combo. It really pairs well with dosa and idli. From that day onwards, my mom started to cook this dish once a week for breakfast. You may think of "Bombay Chutney" as chutney. No, it will be in the consistency of a curry. This dish is made out of gram flour. I will definitely share the Bombay Chutney recipe with you guys in my next blog.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog